In the past few weeks, I had the honor to host this amazing travel blogging competition where we had to select the best travel blog of the year among the blogs that submitted for this contest.
It wasn’t an easy task for sure. We had to review a total of 369 submissions and after a very long screening, we selected 45 candidates that went through a detailed analysis in order to establish which of them will compete for the ‘Travel Blog of The Year 2020’ Award and other five different categories.
All blogs were evaluated based on design, general content, creativity, website performance, social media, privacy policies and various blogging elements. Special thanks to Website Grader and Woorank for proving a complete evaluation of all 45 candidates. Based on these two evaluators, we managed to pick the best ‘tech-evaluated’ travel blogs.
Evaluation scored where then combined with the public votes. People had almost two weeks to vote for each category and every single vote was added to the initial screening points. The travel blogs that gathered the most points won the competition and now it’s finally time to reveal who are the winners!
The best ‘Tech-Evaluated’ Travel Blogs
- 1st place goes to totraveltoo.com – 157.30 points
- 2nd place goes to airborneforanimals.com – 100.35 points
- 3rd place goes to colemanconcierge.com – 95.40 points
The best ‘Quality Content’ Travel Blogs
- 1st place goes to aroundtheworldin18years.com – 128.65 points
- 2nd place goes to thebroadlife.com – 109.90 points
- 3rd place goes to therarewelshbit.com – 90.60 points
The best Travel Blogs Design
- 1st place goes to directionallychallengedtraveler.com – 180.50 points
- 2nd place goes to jessicapascoe.com – 140.90 points
- 3rd place goes to sticksandspoons.com – 119.85 points
The most Creative Travel Blogs
- 1st place goes to eatsleeplovetravel.com – 155 points
- 2nd place goes to honesttravellers.com – 120.15 points
- 3rd place goes to foodandtravelguides.com – 108.85 points
The most User-Friendly Travel Blogs
- 1st place goes to cantravelwilltravel.com – 105.5 points
- 2nd place goes to Itravelforthestars.com – 94.25 points
- 3rd place goes to inguaribileviaggiatore.it – 83.85 points
Travel Blog of The Year Award
Gabriela is a Romanian travel blogger based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. She managed to score a total of 487 points, being declared the Travel Blogger of the Year 2020. Congratulations!
1st PLACE with 487 points
Devashree is a Mumbai based international award-winning influencer and she won the 2nd place of the competition with a total of 292.85 points. Congratulations!
2nd PLACE with 292.85 points
The full results of the competition will be revealed in the following hours here.