I never thought I would visit Belgium so soon but it damn happened. It wasn’t the usual vacay trip, it was more like a ‘professional trip’ through which I had to learn a lot of stuff regarding my job. Even though it wasn’t a full week, those few days that I’ve spent in Liege were enough to explore the city and to discover some of its secrets. I have to admit that I never thought that Belgium could be so fascinating, I was shocked to see how beautiful Liege is and how friendly people are. Yes, the weather wasn’t so good, I didn’t see the sun for the first 3 days but I still enjoyed everything else. Some things that you need to try while you are in Liege:
- The beer – God damn it! By far, they have some of the best beers I have ever tasted. So the first thing you have to do is to try some traditional local beverages, especially the beer brewed by the monks, delicious! My favorite beer was Orval. 10+
- Food – they do have some delicious traditional recipes (Belgian french fries), I will make sure to insert a photo from my instagram. Also, they have this crazy amazing restaurant called “La Charbonnade” where you can cook your own meat. It was a blast! <3
- Visit the city center – the center is really beautiful and has many nice and unique buildings. I am totally in love with the architecture.
- Explore the views – yes, there are some really beautiful views that you can see. We went on the highest hill where the oldest church is and from there you can see some great views of the city. Even though I’ve seen it during the night, I can imagine that during the day it can be 10 times more beautiful.
- Meet the locals – very friendly people. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to work with Belgians. Thumbs up! 🙂
Here are some photos that I’ve taken during my trip to Liege. I’m terribly sorry about the quality, but hopefully I’ll be getting a new camera soon. Holly Molly! I almost forgot about the girls in vitrines, yes, they do have that! 😀 For a lot of people this is not something new but coming from Romania where the ladies of the night do nature walks, it was quite unique to see different stuff (don’t worry ya’ll, no services were used). We surely laughed a lot about it. Also, during my stay in Liege I officially discovered my favorite word in french: Gazeusse Fascinating, right? 😀